First Days in Austrlia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 27th 2007
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody,

This is our first post from this trip and it'll summerize the first days of our trip .

We arrived Melbourne on Tuesday after a very exausting flight from Israel (Luckly we had a screaming baby that travelled with us from Tel Aviv to Melbourne and set next to us on the two flights, now we really miss him...) .

We arrived Rafi & Yona (our wonderful hosts) at 7:00 AM, woke them up and immediatly went to wonder in the city . Imagine two Zombies walking in the streets of Melbourne and you'll get quite a good picture of the way we looked .

Melbourne is a great city, it's a real city with a great coffee, parks and tons of pubs. The public transportation system is great and easy and everyone are very kind and helpful .

On Wedensday we stayed at "home" to celibrate both Anzac day and Independance day . We had cool BBQ and had a chance to meet the local Israeli community . It's not surprising to find out that here also everyone talks about stuff from home but somhow everything looks much better from here ...

On Thursday we went to Melbourne museum, and after it we went to Imax to see 3D movie . It was really awsome (however both of us used some of the time there to catch a nap) .

Today was (Up till now) our best day of the trip . We took the train to a small town in an area called Yara Valley, Took bikes and went for a ride. The area is known for its wineries and all of them offer free tastings . This was our first taste of Austrlia wines (And we sure hope more to come) . We ride for almost 25Km and the result is that both of us have pains in areas which we didn't remember to exist . In the evening we found a street act in Federation square (as part of the Comedy festival held now in Melbourne) .

We plan to stay here Tuesday and than moving to Tasmenia for 2 weeks .

That's all for now, If marriage looks like it - We should have done it before .

Chen & Elad .


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



27th April 2007

ÐÜâÓÕé Õ×àÕé ÔÙçèÙÝ ÞÐÕÓ ÞÐÕÓ !!! çèÐêÝ ÛÑè ê'Þ×Ñèê ?! èÕÐÙÝ éÐêÝ àÔàÙÝ éÝ ... Ðà×àÕ äÔ ÞêÒâÒâÙÝ ÞÐÕÓ .. Þ×ÛÙÝ éê×ÖèÕ ... ÞÐÙÔ éÕÞèê ØÕÑ ØÕÑ âÜ ÑÕÑÙê ÕÐàÙ ÛÕÜ ÔÙÕÝ âÜ ÔÞ×éÑ .. ××× ÐÕÔÑÙÝ ÔÞÕß ... ØÓÙé . ÐÞÐ ,ÞÐÙÔ ,àÓÑ ÕÔÛÕêÑê ÔèÐéÙê ÕÔ×ÞÕÓÔ ØÜ !
27th April 2007

êÒÕÑÔ èÐéÕàÔ ÜÑÜÕÒ ÔÙäÔ
ÐÙÖÔ ÛÙã ÜèÐÕê Ðê ÔØÙÕÜ éÜÛÝ ÛÞâØ âÜ ×Ù. Ðà×àÕ èÕÐÙÝ éÐêÝ âÕéÙÝ ×ÙÙÝ ÞéÕÒâÙÝ ÕÐÕèÙÝ âÕÜÝ ÑÛÙã. êÞéÙÛÕ ÜâÓÛß ÕàÕáÙã ÔâèÕê ÜÑÜÕÒ (ÐäÙÜÕ ÑÐàÒÜÙê). ÐèÙÔ ÕéäèÔ

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb