Shuffling through Melbourne!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We love Melbourne!! This city is awesome and we were lucky enough to hook up with friends, Alison (who attended elementary school with me, we discovered) and her husband Brad.

Today we went to St. Kilda, a really cool part of town (like Santa Cruz) and then headed over to the Sydney street fair and caught a SKA show (the Skavenders!) - they were awesome and we danced until we were broken. Super fun!

We are now back at Alison and Brad's apartment which is in the heart of the city) - Alison is currently at the decks spinning Motorcycle, (ahhh yay!). We were just working on the learning the Melbourne shuffle with her (a very cool Melborne born dance move). Rachelle and I will be working on it as we head out tomorrow after a bit more Melbourne sightseeing. Melbourne definitely has a San Francisco vibe to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kangaroo Road SignKangaroo Road Sign
Kangaroo Road Sign

Very Australia
St. KildaSt. Kilda
St. Kilda

Shuffling through Melbourne
Downtown MelbourneDowntown Melbourne
Downtown Melbourne

Melbourne cathedral
Downtown MelbourneDowntown Melbourne
Downtown Melbourne

Photographing Urban Art


4th March 2007

Wonderful Stuff
YO Sis- LOVE the photos! Totally wonderful -especially holding the little koala guy. Oh, what a cutie! You look so at home sitting in front of your camper, which, I'm glad to say, looks in good shape and you say is perfect for you and Rachelle. Keep up the happy travels and keep us posted. BTW - that kangaroo sign looks like a perfect PEGATINA for our bumper, opposite the pegatina del toro. See if you can bring us back a few!!! Love, Mom
4th March 2007

Shuffling, eh?
That's awesome that you found the Aussie sister cities to San Francisco and Santa Cruz. Not too surprising to hear that you guys found some place to dance, especially in a SF-like place. You'll have to show me your Melbourne dance moves when you get back. Love you, Chris.
7th March 2007

southern hemisphere shout outs
Yay! I heart Alison - I met her @ UCSC when we shared a mailbox together and have been friends ever since. Brad is pretty rad, too! Say hi and big hugs from me, pretty please :)
9th March 2007

Melbourne
I'm so glad you ran into friends in Melbourne. Sounds like you are having a blast. Are you heading up to the outback or down the coast next? Phillips Island yet and the Blue Penguin parade? I think they have Koala's too. Wilson's Promontary (Southeast of Melbourne) is where we saw Emu's and Yellow and Black Cockatoos. If you go the other way down the coast (west) I hear the Twelve Apostles are beautiful. If you head up into the outback, Wyperfield had lots of Grey Kangaroos and even a few Malleefowl. You can't go wrong. Love to you and Rachelle. Enjoy. Dad.
14th May 2007

love seeing the grafitti
it's amazing what people are up to around the world.

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb