Stratford/Genoa/Mallacoota/Omeo Oct/Nov 2017


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 17th 2017
Published: November 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 16 (11/11/2017)

Woke up around 9AM to bacon & eggs for breakfast. Started packing the annexe away before the forecasted rain & gave the caravan a bit of a scrub. Had to spray the annexe due to bloody earwigs in every tiny little corner. Stopped just before 11AM for some quiet reflection for Remembrance Day.

Got ourselves partially packed up so that there was little left to do in the morning for the final trip home.



Day 17 (12/11/2017)

Left Omeo at 9:25AM. Got stuck behind some idiot towing a caravan with no caravan mirrors, doing 40 in an 80 zone & 60 in a 100 zone. Despite moving across to show him we wanted to pass several times, this buffoon was completely ignorant & made no attempt to let anyone pass.

When we got to some roadworks & he slowed down (if that was possible at all), I shot past as be damned if I was going to sit behind this moron. We were held up for 15 mins by the lollipop man who was enjoying a chat on the 2 way radio instead of letting us through. When he did, we disappeared in a trail of mud from the wet gravel road all over the caravan, leaving the wally caravanner with about 12 cars stuck behind him. I think in the next 100km we had 2 cars go past.

Stopped for lunch at Stratford bakery & stretched the legs. I reckon wally caravanner may just have got out of the roadworks about now. Filled up with fuel in Bairnsdale & enjoyed a wally caravanner free run all the way home.

Arrived home at 3:15PM.

Finish KM 98,241.

Total KM for the trip was 2,002.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb