St Kilda festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
February 13th 2011
Published: February 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was the big St Kilda Festival. All week and weekend long there has been a few things going on with lots of bands playing at the pubs in the area and an outdoor cinema on the rooftop of a building on the beach. But Sunday was the big day with the main event. My friend Jess who lives in Bendigo (a couple hours from Melbourne) came into Melb for it. I met up with her at the tram stop. It's a free street festival, all the roads in the area are shut to traffic. There were a couple of good buskers out putting performances on. All the pubs, cafes and bars in he area have a patio and they were all full with people. Down on the beach they had the main stage set up with bands playing throughout the day.

We watched a band play and then watched some bmx boys doing tricks on their bikes. A guy on a motorbike was all doing tricks like riding down the strip on one wheel. Pretty cool. They had a few more rides set up next to Luna park (the theme park in St kilda). Then the motocross guys started doing their tricks off a ramp that was set up. That was really fun to watch. We walked a bit further and stopped at one of the famous cake stores on Acland street for a cake.

We found another stage that was set up on a grassy area and after buying a fresh coconut we sat down on the grass and drank our coconut water and I ate my coconut meat from inside the coconut...YUM!!!! I LOVE COCONUT!!!!!!!! There were all kinds of little market stalls set up in the area as well. I bought a really cool leather flower ring in teal. It's sooooo pretty and just my colour! I also bought a new purse as my other one was falling apart yet again. It's really pretty and matches my purse...teal!!!!!

I had to head back to Leahanne's house to let her in as I had her keys and Jess headed home. Leahanne and I walked back to the festival later and met up with some of her friends. We ended up on a few escapades before ending up at a bar. Had a great time dancing the night away. We stopped for a kebab on the way home and called it a night at about 3:30am. Gotta love a good festival!


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



18th February 2011

love the bangs.
18th February 2011

oh, and totally envious of the warm weather. It's FREEZING here -18 and -30 with the wind chill....brrrrrrrrr....... miss you tons but am so glad you are having fun

Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb