Going Native


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
February 1st 2018
Published: February 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

St Kilda ShorelinSt Kilda ShorelinSt Kilda Shorelin

The beach at St Kilda.
Weather today is sunny and warmer but still windy. C.O. ordered another attack on the walk that was abandoned yesterday. She is a determined commander - not to be denied. We again marched to the shore at St. Kilda and went past the Royal Melbourne Yatch Squadron (impressive title or what!). We went along the sure making good use of the boardwalk terrain. We then advanced along the pier to the end and made observations on the penguin,s base of operations in readiness for advancing on them at a future sunset. The next objective was St. Kinda Botanical Garden which turned out to be a very pleasant sizeable park. In the middle of the park we happened across a fashion photoshoot. I remarked to the star that she looked stunningly beautiful. The C. O. did not appear impressed.

We then redeployed to Acland Street which is the trendy bohemian area of St. Kilda. We ate some rations ate a good cafe and watched the trams go by. Trams appear to be the only vehicles allowed in this area. Melbourne has a very well developed and extensive tram network that is well used by locals. Trams appear to get priority with
SnootySnootySnooty

The Royal Melbourne Yatch Sqedron H. Q.
traffic and are a speedy and effective form of public transport here. After this we walked the rest of Acland street where I drooled over the many cake shops. The C.O. said that they were not suitable fare for active service.

Visited Luna Park which is an old fashioned funfair but was closed. Next to it was the Art Deco Palais Theatre, which was also closed but advertised Grace Jones as a coming attraction. When the workers came home we again went to an area in front of Luna Park that had a market offering a variety of wares and also a huge variety of street food. The C.O. decided that the suggestion of a local Greek restaurant was more attractive. This turned out to be a very wise decision as the food was very good and cheap. Luna Park is now open and has screaming customers on the roller coaster.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

St KildaSt Kilda
St Kilda

The pier at St Kilda.
St KildaSt Kilda
St Kilda

Part of the St. Kilda botanical gardens
St KildaSt Kilda
St Kilda

Entrance to Luna Park.
St. KildaSt. Kilda
St. Kilda

Art Deco Palau’s Theatre.


4th February 2018

Enjoyed a lovely meal at Little Blue on the front at St. Kilda. Ackland St. is intereatingly quirky!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb