This is not glamping!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
June 23rd 2016
Published: June 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well we haven't left on the big trip yet but since we are sleeping in our sleeping bags on our swag mattresses and cooking with camping gear I think the blog can begin.
So today is Friday and we leave on Monday and before that we (there is no we in this really) have to work out how to get everything in the car so that it will A) Fit and B) the things we need first or most are not at the back or the bottom.
I have been dreading the pack from the trip inception and know at some stage we will be fighting like 2 cats in a bag.
The amount of stuff is terrifying and it all has to go somewhere .
For anyone a bit worried about us we have:-
2 fire extinguishers
1 fire blanket
A satellite phon
Extensive first aid kit
Snakebite kit
A world class collection of string that could serve as a tourniquet
These are also items that cannot be stuck at the back or the bottom!
Finally there is the unfortunate fact that whilst I am doing well I am still lame and not capable of kneeling or heavy lifting so we will have to work something out.
The new Eski is fantastic and still has hard ice from last Friday but it is large and heavy and not yet full of beer so that's not going to ask why improve.
So - when the car is FINALLY loaded I will upload a photo if I have the energy.

Advertisement



24th June 2016

WOW
Be safe and have fun. We look forward to hearing about your adventures. Is the final destination England? I hope you packed the boogie board. xo s/s
24th June 2016

Wow
Hi Millers! Yes the final destination in UK back to our own home after this trip and a short trip to South Island NZ in October.
24th June 2016

Happy trails!
Awesome! Hey, if you can lug a 50lb pack up to Peeler Lake, you can do anything! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
24th June 2016

Trip
Hope you have a great trip of a lifetime - safe journeys

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb