Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
May 16th 2015
Published: May 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Morning everyone, well Dorothy and Mike have arrived, they flew in Thursday evening, so we only had time for a meal and a catch up before we all went to bed. It takes 3 1/2 hours to fly from Perth, still amazed at how big this country is ! So next day it was raining, surprise ! but we braved it and went for a walk down to Princes Pier, I think Dorothy and Mike were doing their best to adapt to the weather !! So in the afternoon, Sue and Brian treated us all to a lunch which was pretty amazing. It was on one of the old fashioned trams and it drove around the city, that way Mike and Dorothy could get a feel for the place. The carriage was done out really nicely, all white tablecloths and napkins, we had crackers and dips things, salmon and advocado, duck terrine, fillet of beef, cheese and biscuits and plenty of sparkling wine and red wine and liquors. It was absolutely delicious, munching away whilst looking at the views of Melbourne, it really does get better and better over here !! After lunch we went for a walk around the city, had to walk it all off!! We took them down to The Ponyfish bar and then we walked along the Yarra River and to Federation Square. In the evening we all hopped onto a tram and went into the city to The Comedy Club. It was a very informal affair, packed out, it was a bit like a supper club type thing, people were having meals there, but everyone in the centre were sharing long tables and people behind were sitting on high stools. We saw Sally Kimpton, Mike Klinczak and Jimeoin, who were all funny, but Jimeoin had us crying with laughter, he was from Ireland and the things he came out with were so right, it was just that belly aching laughing and that jaw aching feeling when he was on. I love it when I get to that point, you feel as good as when you've done a load of exercising !!! I was exhausted afterwards, we all thought he was brilliant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb