We leaving on a jet plane......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Footscray
March 12th 2018
Published: March 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well it is now the night before we leave for Japan. I make note of this because for the last few days, while enjoying the Victorian beachside towns of Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads, Queenscliff and Torquay, we seemed to have lost the ability to know what day it was. The result, we kept packing each night as if we were leaving the country the next morning (que ‘eye roll’). Perhaps we were just excited to go on our trip, but it ended up being very annoying as it meant the I had to keep unpacking for more clothes to wear. But tonight is definitely all sorted for our 5.00am start to Japan. We have even been able to practice for the cooler weather over there, with Melbourne doing its usual drop of 10 degrees after 2 days of glorious summer temperatures. Fortunately for us that meant I got to see the above townships in all their sunny glory and enjoy the fabulous beaches. Mal was also pleasantly surprised, as he assured me that this type of weather was totally uncharacteristic based his experience from visiting the area for years. As a result we indulged in a delicious pub meal looking out to the ocean at Barwon Heads, while listening to a baby grand piano being played in the courtyard; crepes for brunch at Queenscliff and a wander through quirky shops while we admired the amazing houses that looked like they should have been hotels; icecream that melted all over us, but we walked off that sugar, on the crowded Torquay beach; fish and chips on the beach while we watched the sun set at Ocean Grove. And now for the real adventure! Osaka here we come and we’re ready for whatever cold weather you’re going to dish up, as we have eaten enough food to create a good layer of padding – I hope!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb