Day 37


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
January 5th 2016
Published: January 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 37

So today we got up at a reasonable hour on our free day in Melbourne and went to the eureka tower which is 88 storeys high with amazing 360' views of Melbourne really quite something! We saw everything, the shire of remembrance, the cricket ground, tennis ground, Olympic park, Albert Park, the docks, the botanic gardens, St. Paul's cathedral, the strange building with a face on it and the yarra river etc etc!
After we had finished gorping at the whole city we wandered down the road to pony fish island - which is basically a tiny island under a bridge of the yarra river that has a bar on it the whole island is the bar and it's probably 15ft wide at the widest and 30ft long! After having a drink we walked a bit further up the road to young and jacksons to 'have a drink with Chloe!' Now Chloe is actually a painting that hangs in Chloe's bar in the young and Jackson hotel! It was painted by a French artist of a young girl called Maria who sadly mixed herself a dodgy concoction and passed away! Chloe as the painting is known is a bit legendary here, soldiers going off to fight in the wars would go and 'have a drink' with Chloe for company before shipping out and even write letters to her promising to come home to her after the war!! Hmm!
So not only did we have a drink with Chloe, we had lunch too lol!
After lunch we walked around the town some more and decided to head back to the hotel to recharge a bit!
My scrummy hubster had an hour or twos snooze and then we headed out to max brenners! Now for those not in the know, max brenners in a super chocolatey cafe place that sells all manner of chocolatey yumminess including chocolate pizza!! We weren't that brave - we just had a brownie with chocolate ice cream and a chocolate cookie!
After going to Max's we headed off around town again down the Melbourne lanes which are small alleys that have one off shops and little restaurants down - just to see them really! For dinner we went to time out cafe, then headed home for an early night for our great ocean road trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb