Day 117 Australia, Greart Ocean road!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
March 12th 2015
Published: March 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi People,



Second day of the tour started at 6am, with an included continental breakfast at the hostel before we continued south. After a bit more driving we stopped off for lunch at the ancient Otway’s rainforest before taking a disappointing walk around the 2-mile route to see the smallest waterfall ever and a tall tree one of the 2nd tallest types in the world (but this tree had actually fallen down….) still it was a good little walk up hill after lunch.



Along the Great Ocean Road we stopped off at the popular sites to get photos including the collapsed but still awesome London bridge; the towering limestone cliffs of Loch Ard Gorge, the 12 apostles, drove through Apollo Bay, stopped at the historical memorial arch and had a beach walk. We also had a stop off at Kennett River to see Koalas, parrots, Kookaburras and Lorikeets up close.



We arrived into Melbourne at 7.30pm, where we got dropped off a mere 5 minutes from Claire and Nicks gaff. They met us outside and walked to theirs. Claire had cooked us chili con-carne, which was so spicy for me! As it was a Thursday they went to bed soon after because they had work the next day. It was fine with us because we were knackered after a busy few days again.



We slept on their pull out sofa bed in their living room, which was great. Accommodation in the center of Melbourne is so expensive so it was great to have a free place to stay for three nights and you couldn’t get any more central than their apartment on Kings Street.





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 135, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb