Melbourne - Big City for sure!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
April 11th 2017
Saved: August 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Early AM and again at the airport for a flight to Melbourne. The hotel room is a rooftop apartment, which sounds luxurious, but is very old and near the noisy train station. However, this space allows for complete privacy and it is clean and safe. After 45 days of continuous exploring and 28 different hotels, we are a little tired and in need of a rest, and time to recharge our batteries.

The inter city train system here is state of the art. The trains run on time, are clean and in pristine condition and there are lots of them. The Auzzies are extremely proud the rail cars are built here in Victoria by a company called Bombardier! Can you believe that?

The downtown trams are free to all, and will take you to the Queen Victoria Market with 600 traders. This market actually sits atop a cemetery still containing 900 bodies. Sounds like bad karma to me. There are food items such as champagne watermelon, live abalone with turqouise shells, lobster tails at $100 a kilo, ox cheeks, and diet ground beef. We settle on a Spanish paella for lunch so we can compare this dish to Chris's gastro creations. The Melbourne version was very tasty, but does not contain the multitude of flavours and variety of seafood that Chris prepares on Paella Night.

It is becoming increasingly busy as the Australians prepare for Easter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Easter Sky Writing Easter Sky Writing
Easter Sky Writing

I was having a large beer in a sky top tavern. Is that sacreligious?


Comments only available on published blogs

17th April 2017

Saludo
Hola Amigos, que bueno saber que estan bien y que continĂșan disfrutando. Un abrazo. cz.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb