Melbourne (2)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
March 3rd 2015
Published: March 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

The BlockThe BlockThe Block

The poshest arcade, or lane as they are called in Melbourne
Having spoken to Mark and Jenni yesterday, we rose early to talk to Neil before he went to bed. We still can't get our heads around speaking to the family who are in the evening of the previous day.



We decided to start the day's sightseeing with a visit to the Victoria National Gallery only to find that it is closed on a Tuesday, so we will have to do that one later in the week. Instead we caught the City Circle tram and went to Docklands for a walk around Melbourne Marina. The area looked really good in the sunshine with new flats and expensive boats moored nearby.



After a spot of lunch we went on to the City Library to join a walking tour. This tour took us around the historic buildings including the Old Gaol and the tale of Ned Kelly, fashionable arcades and areas as a tourist you would not normally see but contain some super street art. I guess this keeps the graffiti off the rest of the city.



Again glad to get back to the hotel to recharge batteries both camera and us.


Hosier StreetHosier StreetHosier Street

A lane dedicated to 'public' art.

Tomorrow we catch a train to the Melbourne suburbs to meet up with Lyn's relatives who intend to show us around some of the out of city sights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb