Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
May 1st 2013
Published: September 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today I ventured into Melbourne city for the first time. It was freezing, I know I have been used to temperatures of 25+but 17degrees was really cold!!!! Arrived at Flinders St Station architecturally quite a nice building so far so good. Across the road to the information centre for a map, then found out that they had an exhibition on of film costumes in the ACMI, thought I would have a peep at this as the weather wasn't too good, cold and a few showers. Well the costumes were on loan from the V&A in London. Audrey Hepburns dress from Breakfast at Tiffanys, Marilynn Monroe dress, the famous one where it billows up, costumes that were made for some of the Elizabeth the first films from various ages, Spider-Man, cat woman, one of john Wayne's cowboy outfits, some of Meryl Streeps outfits from various roles, I.e. Maggie Thatcher, Mamma Mia, the list goes on, good exhibition worth seeing. Marilynn Monroe must have been tiny hHe waist in her dress was minuscule, I am sooo jealous. After this did a tour of the lanes where graffiti artists do their best to brighten up the little back lanes between shops etc. some of the lanes serve as long outdoor coffee shops too. Melbourne seems to be a mix of old and new, horse drawn carriages like they have in New York, trams like in San Francisco and then graffiti alleys!!!!! Walked along the river that flows through the main part of the city the Yarra I think it is. Didn't have time to do the gardens maybe save that for a day when the sun is shining.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb