Beginning to Swing!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Albert Park
April 21st 2008
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 335 (25.2.08) to Day 341 (2.3.08)

Having woken early with a spot of the flu, Chrissie took the day off on Monday to recover. Tiana and Ash came over for dinner to say hi which was both great to see them but also helped Chrissie to feel better in the evening. This week we were in ‘kindy’ at work, all of the new training group were out on the floor and making calls but we were all grouped together and being babysat by our team leader in case we got stuck! It took until Wednesday but in the morning we both made our first sales within two hours of each other - it was good to be off the mark.

At the St Kilda festival we’d seen a group of Swing dancers and decided it looked really fun and a good way to meet people so we’d picked up a leaflet to find that there was a beginner class just around the corner from the flat. Tuesday night saw us attending our first class and we had a great time. We learnt some ‘six beat’ steps, had a lot of laughs and by the end of the class were really looking forward to the next lesson.

There was another evening of basketball for Mark on Wednesday which Chrissie came along to as chief supporter. It was a pretty high strung game from the outset with our opposition being a little dirty and very arrogant winding up a couple of our players. Unfortunately Mark got an ‘accidental’ shot in the spuds and then near the end of the game things got even uglier and one of our players got pushed in the face. It was all a bit if a shock. A couple of our players got involved resulting in players from both sides being asked to leave the court for the rest of the game.

We stopped for a drink after work on Thursday and Friday (sometimes the thought of a cheeky half after work is the one thing that will help us get through the day with our sanity intact!)

We had a bits and pieces kind of weekend doing a bit of shopping, some internet time at the library and other equally exciting things. On Saturday night Tiana and Ash had invited over to theirs for some dinner and we had an evening of chatter and a delicious feast including some excellent spring rolls they had knocked up for us. A good highlight to our weekend. On Sunday we cycled down to Albert Park for a lovely lakeside picnic where we spent a relaxing afternoon reading in the sun and eating yummy treats.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd May 2008

Nice to hear from you even if we are three months ahead over here - very strange that time difference thing. Bump progressing nicely. Keep well. Lots of love. Cxx

Tot: 0.596s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 40; qc: 106; dbt: 0.416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb