Mallacoota/Croajingolong NP (3-5 February)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
February 8th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

MallacootaMallacootaMallacoota

Bastion Point Beach
On Tuesday we arrived in Mallacoota late in the afternoon and stayed at Shady Gully Caravan Park. The next day we drove into the eastern section of Croajingolong National Park via the back way and the more adventurous Miners Track. The track was steep in parts and had a rocky creek crossing (Betka Creek). The water was only shallow but there were a few boulders to navigate over and we ended up incurring some minor damage to one of the sidesteps. But it was good fun and now at least the car has been christened properly! We drove to Shipwreck Creek and did the coastal walk to Seal Creek, with the beach at the end having some interesting patterned rocks/pebbles. We left the park via the main access track (2WD) back to Mallacoota and the caravan park where we had a swim in the pool and then did some school work.

It turned out to be quite warm on Thursday, so after some more school work in the morning, we spent most of the afternoon at Bastion Point Beach, where we all had a great time in the sand and especially the surf.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb