Wet As A Shag


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Healesville
March 27th 2014
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

It was raining Cats and DogsIt was raining Cats and DogsIt was raining Cats and Dogs

Waited for a time to see if the rain would ease
Geo: -37.6541, 145.516

Left Cobram in pouring rain, both drenched so pulled the Caravan up outside the park and both of us changed out of wet clothes before continuing on to Healsville.

I had put a wet weather jacket on and could not get it off, the zip would not work so eventually Mick found a pair of scissors and cut it, so that I could get the damn thing off. It has now gone to god! Mick could not help himself and thought it was a great joke.

Saw a patch of sunshine as we drove through Shepparton, it has grown so much over the last 30 years, had lunch in Yea and filled up with fuel before continuing on to Healesville. The road trip was good and we arrived in Healesville at 1300, with plenty of time to set up.

Robyn and Trevor arrived about 1400 and set up next to us, we had a good chat and relaxed with a few drinks before Trevor and Mick found the BBQ area, we had tea and around 2030 Mick and I said goodnight and retired to the Caravan, where I went to bed and Mick stayed up watching the football.

I could not
Time for DrinksTime for DrinksTime for Drinks

Relaxing after setting up at Healesville
get the internet and was unable to do my blog until today which was a pain in the butt, but the park was absolutely beautiful with the Badger Creek flowing through it. We were surprised at how close Healesville was to Yea and the big by-pass which meant we did not need to go through Yarra Glen. We had driven the Melba Highway many a time when the kids were little and we went to Homewood where I was bought up, it just seemed a lot quicker today.

We had a very relaxing first day at Healesville and could not believe how busy the place was.

Will visit the Sanctuary tomorrow, Trevor and Robyn had seen it so are quite happy to relax at the park for the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Trevor and RobynTrevor and Robyn
Trevor and Robyn

It is a hard life! Trevor was able to use his wifi which was Telstra
Mick and IPadMick and IPad
Mick and IPad

Managed to get the Herald Sun on his IPad


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb