We're Back in Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
March 16th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

As mentioned in the previous Blog on Friday 7th March we met up with our two friends from Tea Cosies, Carmel & Jan, and enjoyed coffee and lunch at the 'Next Door Cafe' our favourite coffee shop in Albrighton. Following lunch it was off to the Non Denominal 'Women's World Day of Prayer' at St Josephs Catholic Church in Albrighton for 2.30pm, with just over 50 people in attendance, including 3 men.

This day of prayer is held all over the world starting in the Pacific islands and making its way through each time zone until it ends in American Samoa, the service was very special and it was a privilige to be part of the actual service.

Saturday 8th March saw us at the Manor with Bob, Paul & Christina for dinner and what a dinner it was, Bob and Paul are great cooks and we left feeling as though we would not eat for a week. Is it any wonder that we have put on weight since we have been here even though we have walked over 1,000 miles in 6 months because we did not hire a car.

On Monday 10th March we were again at the Manor house where Bob & Paul cooked us a full English breakfast as a final meal and to sent us on our way. We arrived at Boningale Manor as tenants but left as great friends, thankful to God for bringing us together and knowing that we will always remain in touch as we will with everyone we have met during this incredable 6 months.

We departed Wolverhampton on the 2.30pm coach to Heathrow and arrived at the Premier Inn at around 8.00pm for a good nights sleep before the long flight home.

We were scheduled to leave the UK on Tuesday 11th March and as most of you would be aware you need to be at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight time, so our flight was at 4.30pm therefore we needed to be at the airport by 1.30pm. Those of you that know Evelyn and her flying habits will understand when I say we were at the airport at 11.30am???? Fortunatley the lovely people at Emirates checked us in as there were no queues so we were in the departure lounge by 12.00 noon.

The flight to Dubai was on time and we flew in the new A380 which was only a quarter full, and still we had to fly economy, which on the A380 is very nice. We arrived in Dubai early in the morning and had a 6 hour wait for our flight to Melbourne via Singapore. At least this way it breaks the journey into 7 hour legs but it's still a long way.

We arrived at Melbourne airport, again on time, and with the new epassports and no long queues at customs we were out into the arrivals hall very quickly.

What a suprise awaited us as the arrival doors opened, Ken Harmans smiling face greeted us and Judie was waiting at the second door just incase we used that one. What a great way to arive with our two very special friends to greet us all the way fom Hastings. How many times can we say God is so good to us.

After a coffee and a chat at the airport we caught the Skybus to Southern Cross, then the train to Traralogon where Jess's sister June met us to drive us home. After the 40 hours of travel from Heathrow it was great to be back home in the sun, able to wear shorts t/shirt and sandels but with a tinge of sadness for all the people we had left behind.

Still life moves forward and we know that our friendship with all those people that have added to our lives in the UK will remain as strong as those in Australia that we will now reaquaint ourselves with. Our Christian family has not only increased dramatically it is now truly international.

Our Blog will continue as we head out on the next phase of this incredable Journey of Faith with God

Advertisement



17th March 2014

due to old age I did not look so put it all in the comment.!!!
17th March 2014

Your journey
How lovely to hear that you arrived safely and soon will be on the rest of your journey in Australia. It was great meeting you both and we will always remember you. xxxx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb