Holy Trinity, St Chads, St Marys & St Cuthbert’s - Christian Fellowship across the World


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
December 21st 2013
Published: December 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

With Revd Jill outside St MarysWith Revd Jill outside St MarysWith Revd Jill outside St Marys

Swapping our Holy Trinity Book for the St Marys diaries
As we have mentioned in previous Blogs since we arrived in the UK we have become active members of the United Benefice of Albrighton which includes three Anglican Churches, St Chads where we attend Sunday service, St Marys where we attend Wednesday morning services and Bible study and St Cuthbert’s where we have attended a Sunday service and whose congregation organises Tea Cosies. All three Churches share one Vicar the Reverend Jill Warren and one Curate the Reverend Mary Wade.

As followers of our Journey-of-Faith Blog you will have become familiar with the three Churches and the various activities that we have been involved in and the congregations of these three Churches have become familiar with Holy Trinity via our face to face discussions with them and via two presentations we have given, one to the St Chads congregation and one to Tea Cosies.

Although the three Churches form a United Benefice they still operate independently and one fundraiser run by St Marys is the production of a small pocket diary which is sold to raise funds. When we saw the pocket diaries we thought it would be a good idea to purchase some and send them to our congregation at Holy Trinity. We originally purchased 30 diaries and then asked Revd. Jill if we could purchase a further 50 diaries so we could provide one per adult at Holy Trinity.

Revd. Jill however did not want us to pay for the extra diaries and gave them to us as a gift from St Marys to Holy Trinity, what a special gift as part of our Ministry here in the UK was to forge ties between Holy Trinity and the United Benefice. When Jill gave us the diaries we presented her with a copy of the 'History of Holy Trinity' book which is now doing the rounds of the three Churches.

We thank God for the friends we have made here at St Chads, St Marys and St Cuthbert’s and for the spiritual connections between the four Churches that will last well beyond our time here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb