Pako Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
February 23rd 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Pak Festival is advertised as one of the biggest multicultural events in Australia, but we are used to everywhere we go having the 'biggest' of. We left camp and enjoyed the 4km walk to get to Pakington Street, where the festival was held. Nearly the whole length of the street was closed off with food stalls, arts n crafts and 6 stages set up for every ethnic group available to perform and show their wares.

Our first stop was the German food stall, for a very tasty sausage, followed a few hours later with a traditional Spanish paella. Between these, Eoin saw his very first Street Parade, an hour long extravaganza, lots of photos taken.

The day gave us the opportunity to catch up with an old mate who lives in Geelong and and a few yarns ensured. At the end of an extremely hot and tiring day, they invited us back to their son's home for dinner and an ale or two. We were able to enjoy a beautiful, home cooked meal in a lovely home with 4 very congenial hosts. Quite a few beers and bubbly, lots of "war stories" and a hell of a lot of laughs. Its been a very long time since we have been out till after midnight. Thank you Cathy, Frank,Anthony and last but not least Sonia. A fantastic evening........

Advertisement



1st March 2013

Pako Festa
It was our pleasure! Safe travels!!

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb