One potato, two potato 1300 tonnes of potato more…..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Catani
April 26th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

When you’ve seen one spud you’ve seen them all!! Well that’s not entirely true as you get big ones, small ones, medium sized ones, skinny ones, green ones, rotten ones and, mutated ones. After 5 weeks working on the spud harvester with loads of spuds flashing past your eyes on the conveyorbelt (and with Kerrie's expert training) we can now tell one from another in a split second, honestly!

The harvest has been going pretty well, but with the ongoing drought there hasn’t been close to the volume Dave would have liked, but be sure we have handled some right fine tatties on the back of the harvester!! It can be dirty work too, but someone has to get the spuds out the ground so all ya townies can stuff their faces on crisps.

It's quite funny as until now we've never given it a thought as to how things like crisps are made. I'm not about to excite you with the finer details, but lets just to say we have a new found appreciation!!

Just to give you an insight to life here over the past few weeks here's some photos of the farm and our spud bashing antics.

There's also pictures from out and about around Melbourne and Gippsland. We've been out for meals (treated by Dad & Amy - We miss you guys but least we're a little less round!!) Had a meal over at Mark & Kellie’s, AGAIN (it'll be dinner at ours next year when you're in the UK ; ). We went for fish and chips down at Tooradin a cool little town by the coast. Jo went to the Lang Lang Rodeo and watched the Aussie Cowboys ride the bulls. We went on a trip in the car down the coast with Dad and Amy to Shelly Beach and Cape Patterson where I did some rodeo style riding of my own. We went to see Milan and Trish who we met out in Fiji and had a great night catching up with the newly weds and shared a lovely Easter dinner with their family. We went back down for a few days to San Remo and ended up taking in Wilsons Prom - lots of beautiful scenery and coastline backdrops. We’ve also had a couple of premature calves born on the farm so Jo’s been looking after them with Brit.

Happy Birthday to Rory who turned the big three ohhhhhhhh no!! Also to Charlie whose still in the under thirties club with me and Gemma ; ) Happy 60th Birthday to Bazza or 'Dad' as I call him, I hope you enjoyed your trip to Australia. And to Grandad who turned a sprightly 84 years young a few days after dad. Congratulations to Becky and Matt on the birth of your son Lewis Matthew, Jo can't wait to get home for a cuddle! xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mini mooMini moo
Mini moo

We called it hammerhead for a couple of days as that was going tobe its fate as it was so premature.
It the feral clothes show.It the feral clothes show.
It the feral clothes show.

Feral means pikey/Carney/Chav/dirty country folk!
They're harder than they lookThey're harder than they look
They're harder than they look

Rodeo style at Cape Patterson


27th April 2007

Alright Benny boy!
It's filtered through that you would like some more comments so we thought we'd just say that the Mid-Devon Advertiser has suffered greatly from your absence and 'Pets Corner' just isn't the same. Bring back Benny boy! On second thoughts...
28th April 2007

hehaha
NIce butt ben..lol
28th April 2007

hmmm
Where??? are all the rodeo pics gone and just so u know thats a really bad photo of me n the calf...heheh gee thanx buddy
8th May 2007

Pikey!
He he. Love the look geez. That farm boy looks soo much better than you in a suit. Can't wait to have you back in the UK, but you'll have to sort a new wardrobe!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb