Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again Some Other Day!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bright
October 1st 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Ovens RiverThe Ovens RiverThe Ovens River

One of the views from the Park, of the Ovens River, a bit wet for Mick to play his banjo.
Geo: -36.7272, 146.96

Set off at 7.30am today, supposed to be strong winds later in the day. Well I certainly pick the time to drive, it bucketed down near Albury, so much so I could not see the road. Mick just said he was glad he was not driving, that's okay though, because he has the next leg, through to Bruthen, at the moment there is snow on them hills. I will be glad I'm not driving!!

It rained the whole way, after three hours travelling we bought coffee in Myrtleford and Mick took over for the next 30km.

Booked into Bright Riverside Holiday Park and were set up by 12.30pm, then what would you know, the sun shined on us. We are right on the river it is a pretty little place and in Autumn would be amazing with the desiderous trees, every where. The rain did not stay away for long, we still managed to walk down to the main street. Well appointed Caravan Park, within walking distance of the Bright main street.

The proprietor told us they have had 300ml in the last couple of days, some spots in the park are flooded and the Ovens River rose during
The Duckess on the Ovens RiverThe Duckess on the Ovens RiverThe Duckess on the Ovens River

That one is for Webby
the night which kept him busy. I did want a spot on the banks of the river, but decided to take the next row back which is great and we still can see the Ovens River from our spot. As we were setting up we had a few ducks watching!! No Camels.

Found the umbrella and walked from the Park over the Ovens River, to the first stop, the Bright Brewery. Had a paddle of 6 different beers, Woo!! the first 2 not too bad, but as we went through the 6, they got stronger and stronger. We then ordered Baramundie for lunch, absolutely superb.

Still raining when we left and fortunately the Information centre was next door, so picked up some information, which Mick is going through at the moment, back at the Caravan Park, with the heater going. It is 11.9o at the moment, we have been so spoilt, no rain since Ulladulla and we have worn short sleeves. Not now, when we arrived in Myrtelford we both found our winter woollies and the heater is working really well.

Not much else has occurred, we had a snooze while it poured rain, and when we woke were quite happy
The Bridge over the Ovens RiverThe Bridge over the Ovens RiverThe Bridge over the Ovens River

This is one of the bridges from the Park to walk into the main street. Their are so many beautiful views here!
to watch TV, until tomorrow. I am quite happy in the caravan with the heater going, when it rains here, it pours, even a hail storm while Mick was outside having a smoke.

We have a few things to do tomorrow, so for now we will say adios.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A view from the bridge over the OvensA view from the bridge over the Ovens
A view from the bridge over the Ovens

Cannot help it, some good material for painting. A stones throw from the Park.
Mick and Our Paddle of Six TastersMick and Our Paddle of Six Tasters
Mick and Our Paddle of Six Tasters

At the Brewery, we had beer, wine and a meal, very civilised.


1st October 2013

Looks like a nice little spot, love you both and the girls can't wait to see you
1st October 2013

We are heading home and this is a beautiful spot, looking forward to seeing you all.
1st October 2013

I love Bright. It is such a beautiful place. Hope it has stopped raining and you get out for some walks. xx
2nd October 2013

Anne you are not wrong, we are definitely coming back, Autumn, would be stunning. It really is a beautiful place and luckily we took off this morning, because at 1615 it is looking like it will rain very soon.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb