Day 1 - continued


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bright
January 27th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mansfield to Whitfield.
The road was a nice twisty one with many good views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The view from, and history of, Powers Lookout were tempting, but with the high temperature and 3km of dirt road each way I decided to wimp out on this one. No doubt there will be plenty of other lookouts in the days to come.
I stopped at the cafe/general store in Whitfield for a snack and decided to try one of the apples from the basket on the counter, they were all about 1/2 the size of normal apples, and the owner could onl;y tell me that they were purchased that morning, but not whether they were any good taste-wise. Being the dare-devil that I am, I took a chance and snacked on the tastiest, but smallest, apple that I've had for a long time.

Whitfield to Bright
This section was not only fairly flat and uneventful, but also HOT!! The only relief from the heat came just after Porepunkah with the sun dipping behind the mountains for a while.

Bright
I've stopped at the Alpine Cabins park, with a lovely campsite within walking distance of the river swimming pool.

Distance Traveleld - 383km

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb