Thunder in Bendigo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bendigo
May 31st 2013
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

It is never nice waking up in the middle of the night to a loud clap of thunder, especially when you are camping. But, we did and survived. We also booked in to stay a few more days while it poured over most of Victoria and NSW.

The Weather Bureau forecast a nice start to Sunday, so we held on to the hope that their 'chocolate wheel' was in fine form. It was, Sunday morning was beautiful for packing up. We finally left Bendigo about 10am and started our trip towards home, through Shepparton and Benella, eventually getting on to the Hume Highway and travelling north.

The Hume is an absolute beautiful piece of divided road. Great road surface, lots of rest stops and facilities and 110km speed limit. A great way to get from A to B, but boring compared to the back roads. Our usual stop at Holbrook, was where we spent the first night of our trip 4 months ago (nearly to the day) was up to its usual standard.

With the sun shining brightly if not a tad cool (Heidi was iced up as she was not covered) as we commence our last day of this journey, we are both looking foward to getting home..

Advertisement



3rd June 2013

It seems ages ago that we enjoyed your company (we being me that is)
Gail,Henry, Eoin and Heidi, what a great trip and I thank you for sharing it. Jon
3rd June 2013

A great holiday "guys". Will have to get the itinerary from you, though ours will be on 4 wheels and in motels :-)
3rd June 2013

Almost Home
Your adventure is nearly over. I bet you are looking forward to home and some creature comforts. I also bet you have some memories that will stay with you forever. Well done to both of you for the effort and sense of adventure. Hearing you talk about last days and homes has made me a little home sick too. I'll be over it tomorrow when I wake to 26 degrees and sunshine in Mt.Isa rather than the weather at home. Still a few months and lots more new things to see in QLD for me. Make the last day a safe one and enjoy a well earned rest.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb