and....... we are off!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Ballarat
June 27th 2016
Published: June 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So after the epic emptying and cleaning of the flat we had to ensure everything was in the car and and return the keys to the agent by closing time.
As I expected packing the car was wretched and determining what could go on the roof took time.
Based on the heap it seems we have done a Burke and Wills (overpacked with ridiculous things)
Below is an extract relating to the Burke and Wills departure day.

"The expedition took a large amount of equipment, including enough food to last two years, a cedar-topped oak camp table with two chairs, rockets, flags and a Chinese gong; the equipment all together weighed as much as 20 tonnes"

The good news is we have no Chinese Gong!
We took so long to get packed we had to revise our target and rather than camping in the Grampians we are in a motel in Ballarat. That is a bit like planning a world cruise on the Queen Mary but setting sail on the Isle of Wight ferry.
Never mind tomorrow is another day which I suspect will include quite a lot of messing about repacking the car again.
We are going to spend the next 12 weeks unloading the whole car looking for the kettle unless we get a grip! Good thing Brian has a PhD in molecular packing along with a diploma in driving me mad .
Target for tomorrow is a campground in the Grampians and it's going to be VERY COLD!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



27th June 2016

Good luck
What could go wrong. Winter - check. Recent operation - check. Brian packing - check. Lifelong belongings neither here nor there - check.
27th June 2016

Fabulous!
An absolutely perfect start I would say (or as close as expected). Giggles have been had here over the pond, keep them coming. Stay safe, Love all of us five at flat 8 xxx
27th June 2016

Baffled !
Why on earth have you taken all that stuff, you won't need it. Travel light !!
28th June 2016

Baffled
We cannot identify any non essential items. The bloody mattresses are taking up the most room and we need to find an answer.
28th June 2016

Baffled
We cannot identify any non essential items. The bloody mattresses are taking up the most room and we need to find an answer.
27th June 2016

Photo.
What is it? The blog is going to be even better than the bin saga. Can't wait to read more.
28th June 2016

Whoo Hoo
Let the epic journey begin. Hope you didn't freeze in Ballarat (it is the coldest place on earth!!!!) Looking forward to the next installment. Safe travels my lovelies xx

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb