Hobart and Wildlife Sanctuary


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
January 22nd 2017
Published: January 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we got our tour of Tasmania underway, Tazzi as it is called by the locals, to a day of 74 degrees and beautiful blue skies. We started with a historical tour of downtown Hobart, which parallels the US from a time point of view with much of the early buildings from the early 1800's. Following the walking tour, we traveled to the Bonorung Wildlife Sanctuary which is a haven for orphaned animals. Much of the wildlife in Australia are marsupials where the babies are born in pouches. We got a close up look at Koala bears, Kangaroos and the Tasmanian Devil, the only place in the world this animal can be found. The "Devil" is mostly nocturnal and has the strongest bite strength of any animal in the world. I am sure there are many more Koala's and Kangaroos to come. We also visited the city of Richmond, one of Tasmania's quaint, historic cities. We ended the day with time to further explore Hobart, including the beautiful waterfront. I have included pictures of the Tasmania devil, a Koala and a very tame Kangaroo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd January 2017

No wonder!
Would not want to meet up with a Tasmanian devil. Those teeth say it all!

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb