4 - 5 December 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
December 5th 2012
Published: December 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday was reasonably quiet as we wound down the Tassie section of the trip. After midday we walked into central Launceston and had some fantastic dumplings for lunch before cruising around the mall. We poked about in the shops before stumbling across a terrific little cafe that was decorated in a 50s style.....very cool. The coffee and cake served up was not half bad either.

Today we drove into the city to take care of a few odds and ends before heading towards Devonport to board the Spirit of Tasmania back to the mainland. Driving in the Apple Isle is always a pleasure as the surroundings are so beautiful throughout the state and today was no different. We took the scenic route and stopped in Deloraine for lunch before reaching our final destination.

The past month has whizzed by and as we were waiting in line to board the ferry we recapped what has been fun and relaxing times. Once settled into our room we enjoyed a few beers overlooking the deck as the ferry moved out towards sea and we would take our sea sickness pills just in time. The conditions seemed to be in complete contrast with our smooth sailing to Tasmania a month ago and from the get go the vessel was up and down in the choppy seas. Getting to sleep was interesting as the entire bed, well room for that matter, felt as though it was on the tracks of a roller coaster but in the end I drifted off.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb