Quick trip around Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
September 14th 2018
Published: September 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We basically had a day to kill so we headed back to Richmond to the bakery to make sure that these were in fact the best Scallop Pies in Tassie. Yes!

And of course we had a couple more cakes and slices as we said good bye to Richmond.

We had spied the Richmond Ice Cream Shop but it was closed previously. Lucky for us it was open this time and you can see why they have been awarded so many prizes and ribbons. Outstanding.

Back in Hobart we remembered seeing a very cool looking little restaurant but we couldn't recall the name or the exact location as we were on the RedDecker tour around Hobart on our first day. By a process of elimination and a little good luck we found Jackson & McRoss. This is a must go to next time we are back here.

In the afternoon we thought about going back to Willie Smiths but decided instead to go a little further over to Pagan Cider. A smaller boutique cider house that's doing some very good work. While we were there tasting a few, we were very much entertained by the host who seemed oddly familiar. It turned out he was also running the cafe we went into in Huonville when we needed internet!

At the end of the day we were relaxing at the caravan park with a couple of ciders and cheese, we met the neighbours and ended up having a lovely evening with them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb