Mutany on the west coast of Tassie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Strahan
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We headed off on yet another thin and winding road from Cradle Mountain to Strahan.
We arrived to a very wet and cold place so we spent the rest of the day in the van catching up on school work and travel diaries.
The next day the weather wasn’t much better so we didn’t get a chance to do the Gordon River Cruise or Wilderness Railway like we had hoped, but we did go and see a pantomime “The Ship That Never Was” about the Fredrick it’s a long story but the short version is that back in the convict days when the ship building workshop on Sarah Island near Strahan was closed the Convicts built the last ship and then stole it and escaped to Chile, when they arrived they sank the ship and a goat ate the papers relating to the orders for the ships construction so when 2 of the 10 convicts where caught years later and it went to trail they were found not guilty because no one could prove that the ship existed, so how could they have stole it. We all got to be involved in the play and play a part, it was absolutely hilarious, Steve was a convict and Samuel was the crewman who tried to save the ship, Step steered the ship to Chile and Dannielle was the ships Parrot, Julie has it all on film and we are planning a few screenings at a later date. The next day we went to visit Tuts Widdle Wonders, this is a friend brothers place and he has developed a display of bits of wood he has found in the forests around Strahan and turned them into all sorts of characters.
That night we visited a seafood restaurant to taste some of Tassies famous Atlantic Salmon and other local seafood.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb