6 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Sisters Beach
November 6th 2012
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just after midnight I woke in that half-awake, half-sleep state with a feeling of the bed moving. When I came to and remembered my surroundings I realised we must have been out on the deep seas of Bass Strait as the room was moving up and down. We had a decent sleep in the end but the 5:45 am wake up call from the captain was a shock to the system.

By the time we had showered we had docked in Devonport and before 8:00 am we were off of the boat and sitting in McDonalds taking advantage of a coffee voucher. An eerie feeling for a tourist driving around town having been awake for a few hours when half of the locals had not even risen from their slumber yet.

It was a bleak day but not too cold and the rain held off as we moved out of Devonport along the rugged, rocky yet beautiful coast. We made a stop or two to take a few photos at a beach and then with the giant penguin at Penguin. From there we went to Fossil Bluff near Wynyard that provided great views as delirium set in; it had already been a long day and it had only just passed midday.

Our journey continued west and we stopped at the quaint coastal town of Sisters Beach near the Rocky Cape National Park. We were lucky enough to find a camping spot along the coast with the white sand and blue ocean visible through the trees bordering our site. We took advantage of our surroundings and strolled along the beach a few times throughout the remainder of the day.

Tasmania seems to be the sleepiest state in the country but that is the way we wanted to end our year long journey and for the next month we will explore the Apple Isle from top to bottom and relive the fun we had here in 2009.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb