WILD TASMANIA...Lake St Clair N.P...and The Wall


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Lake St Clair
November 9th 2014
Published: November 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

WILD TASMANIA...Lake St Clair N.P. and The Wall. Central Tasmania heading west...WOW. If you want to walk the Overland Track for about 6 days south from Cradle Mountain...you end up at Lake St Clair. Welcome to Lake St Clair... Nature's Wonderland. So good even the mozzies came to meet us! But first you MUST check out my No.1 Highlight of Tassie...THE WALL. On the Lyell Highway near Derwent ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

























9th November 2014

Falling for Tasmania
What a treat, another blog so soon! What a beautiful part of the world - I haven't yet been to Lake St Clair or the Wall, but definitely very high on my list. I hope this Wild Tasmania series keeps on for a bit longer....or maybe you'll just have to return :)
9th November 2014

Falling for Tasmania
I'm absolutely delighted to receive this positive response Rachael. Wild Tasmania has some crackers to come so keep tuned. To explore the Tassie National Parks was a delight indeed...enjoyed every moment.
9th November 2014

Beautiful
Love the composition of this picture
9th November 2014

Beautiful
Glaciers drag or discard the rocks...a lake develops...zillions of years later I stumble upon it and say "Isn't that nice." Gotta love the surprises Mother Nature presents. It's a beautiful World we live in Jo.
9th November 2014

Mind blowing skill
A lonely outpost on the southern shores sounds like a grand place to stay. So basically I'm hearing that Denise is an excellent hiker and you're using your camera as an excuse that you could not keep up. :) Just kidding. Being enamored by the little things is what life is all about.
9th November 2014

Mind blowing skill
Quite right MJ. Denise leads and I follow. I wonder if she thinks that is what is happening!
9th November 2014
ECHIDNA

Magical Tasmania!
Yet another little critter I never knew about--amazing the unique varieties down there. Before this, I'd only known of the formidable Cradle Mountain trek (from TBer's [blogger=18411])--so great to know of the many wonderful day hikes. What a lovely place to slow down, observe, Be and photograph--great fun!
9th November 2014
ECHIDNA

Magical Tasmania!
You will note Tara that the pics of each National Park in my Wild Tasmania blogs are so very different...magical...maybe. To get a clear focus image of an echidna (our egg laying spiny anteater- the platypus and the echidna being the world's only monotremes) is quite a challenge as they are quite shy. I've only seen one behind our house but heaps in Tasmania.
12th February 2015
ECHIDNA

Echidna
Hi Dave, what an amazing picture of the Echidna, very young, if it didn't have all its spines you would mistake it for something else, what an amazing picture, well done. Our best regards Kangaroojack
18th February 2015
ECHIDNA

Echnida
Thanks for commenting Kangaroojack. Of the zillions of echidnas I saw in Tasmania...a Noah's Ark for wildlife....this was my best pic. Today in the Atacama Desert in Chile I photographed a lizard and a rare chance...a vicuña that actually approached us rather than running away!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb