The Devil Made Us Do It


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
May 18th 2015
Published: May 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our tour guide Heather, was so amazed that our group of ten knew so little about Tasmania. I knew a devil was named after it! She told us that when the elections are going on in the U.S. that one of their TV stations broadcasts it around the clock. She wanted to talk politics but know one else did, after all we are on Holiday

Thankfully I had my gloves and headband with me for our little jaunt into the rainforest. It was pretty cold there because the sun doesn’t get through the vegetation and it was probably in the forties today. This is as far south as we are going and are now headed East for New Zealand where we expect it will also be cool.

The waterfalls in the rainforest was just beautiful and we were glad we walked in. Thankfully there was a fire in the visitors center where we could warm up our hands. Back in the van for a drive through the countryside which is just beautiful. It is like our November here and the grass is all golden instead of green. The leaves have fallen off most of the trees and there was some snow up in the mountain.

At the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary we enjoyed milling around with the kangaroos who seem pretty happy. They actually could hop away but there doesn’t seem to be any incentive for them to do that.

On to the little village of Richmond which had many historical buildings including the oldest prison in Tasmania. We had fish and chips with Carlton Draught at the old hotel with another couple from the ship who live in San Diego.

A drive back to Hobart for a tour around the historic district and a drive up to what Heather called Snob Hill for a photo op of the harbor.



It was a wonderful tour and if Tasmania wasn’t so far away, it would certainly lure us back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Jerry with Friend and Joey too!Jerry with Friend and Joey too!
Jerry with Friend and Joey too!

Can you see the feet hanging out the pouch? That is not a little one in there!
Tasmanian Devil Being One!Tasmanian Devil Being One!
Tasmanian Devil Being One!

Eventually knocked that cooler over.
These Guys Have it Made!These Guys Have it Made!
These Guys Have it Made!

Look at that View!
Want to Kiss Me?Want to Kiss Me?
Want to Kiss Me?

Actually it was "Want to feed me?"
Fall SceneryFall Scenery
Fall Scenery

Reminded me of home.


18th May 2015

the devil made us do it
So did you get to see a Devil? looks beautiful......Yes in that part of the world it is their fall and winter that's why so many people like to go there in December because its summertime. I hear that New Zealand is spectacular so i am sure you will love it!

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb