Back to nature


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
February 4th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dean took an early morning walk to Platypus Bay, hoping to see some of those lovely critters. No luck this time though… maybe next time.

We then hit the road to Hobart, with a couple of stops on the way: Russell Falls is a stunning fairytale-like multi-tiered waterfall and the Tall Trees Walk took us through a rainforest of mighty swamp gums (eucalyptus regnans) which grow up to 400 years old. We even had the opportunity to use a clinometer to calculate the height of one of these beautiful giants.

We made it to Hobart in the afternoon and were warmly greeted at our campground by… lots of very friendly ducks!!! These were soon joined by heaps of rabbits too.

I had a bit of a meltdown that evening. This trip has been such a long time coming and anticipation makes you idealise things. But it’s taking some time to adjust to having no bathroom/kitchen/personal space, lack of fresh food at times, having to organize somewhere to sleep each night and – most importantly – missing our friends. But it is a great privilege to be able to go traveling I’m looking forward to living as much in the present as I can and laughing at things that would ordinarily make me want to run a mile!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb