Sat13 03 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
March 13th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings Eastman fans from Eastman’s down under.
Today Sat 13th March, day 2 and the first full day of Hobart capital city of Van Demians land now called Tasmania and further called “Tazzy”.

A lovely stroll in shorts round the Saturday market. A bit hippyish with a multitude of goodies for sale. Prices very similar to UK prices and a bottle of Bombay sapphire a whopping $50 for a 70cl bottle.

Lots of different cultures evident, Chinese food, lovely pastries but we settled for a healthy bratwurst with onions for breakfast.

Eventually found the main town which had eluded us last night. Wendy was delighted to buy a vivid green top for $50 and to my delight it was %75 off today. A real bargain that perked her up.

Having spent a lot of time together we went separate ways for a spell. Wendy to the hotel for a reviving earl grey and I went to the museum. I now know it all and have the time to tell you all about it. The perk of being retired!

Now typing this up from our harbour view room and watching the boat sailing in and out. Just noticed 2 black painted boats with Sea shepherd.org opposite which I believe are allied to the green peace vessels. They have just lost 1 of their crew member captured by the Japanese if the news reports are true.

View pleasantly enhanced by the sound of Harleys and Ferraris up and down.

Went for a drive this afternoon to Kingston and Blackmans bay. Lovely views and pricey properties. The roads were great fun to drive with steep climbs and turns. Saw a traffic Police bike a BMW same as UK. Stopped for a ferrero rocher ice cream for Wendy and I had apricot brandy flavour. Saw a beach wedding going on with the bay as the background.

Back to the room again now and a bit of a panic as its 1710 hours and no gin and tonic yet. Fear not I am on the case. Just looked out of the window and there is another wedding on the harbourside. I must say the locals go to a lot of bother to amuse us.

Wendy and Phil XXX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.2kb