Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 15th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6am today as catching our flights to Tasmania. It's only an hour and fifteen to get there. We dropped our hire car off at the airport.
The Qantas breakfast was awfull, worst meal we have had with them so far!
We arrived in Hobbart at 9.50am, picked up our new hire car and drove to a campsite. We went to the Treasure Island Campsite in Glenorchy, just 15mins from the City Centre. It is right on the Huon river and near the Cadbury chocolate factory!!
We have noticed that Alot of places are cornish names which is fun comparing the two!
Once the tent was up we headed into Town. Stopped at the Information Centre first to get maps etc. We walked around Elizabeth Mall. Had a coffee and lunch, found a book store, camping store ( we had lost a bit of our pole on our tent )and chris got his sunnies fixed for free! Jammy!
On the way back w stopped at woolworths - the local supermarket - still gets us confused! Got back to the campsite and sorted out our itinary around the island. We booked a ghost walk around Port Arthur for th next day.
We had soup for dinner - for a change - pumpkin though... i don't think i'll be able to eat any more pumpkin or butternet squash when i get back, they have it in everything!
We got chatting to an American couple who were travelling for a year. They quit their jobs and sold their house! MAD. They had already been to south america for 4 months and now were in Taz. They had speant a month cycling around Victoria before spending another 4 weeks cycling around Tas - amazing! We also got chatting to a Canadian lady who was cycling around Tas with her kids! She was very helpfull and gave us a book on all the free and cheap campsites around. Got to bed by 9.30 as it was so cold and windy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb