Half day in Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 6th 2023
Published: January 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our last morning allows a sleep-in before we check out right on 10. There's an arbitrage crying out to me in the reception vending machine. The disrupted tooth paste and tooth brushes had spilled out of their rack and were resting on the Mama instant noodles. $4 and I reckon I’m gaining bulk value. Boom! The Mama noodles fall into the access draw followed by two toothpastes and one toothbrush. Creamy Shrimp isn’t my first choice noodle flavour, but it’s definitely top 10.

Jules had spotted a café and patisserie up Elizabeth St and we have late breakfast at Imago. A Japanese inspired café with delicious breakfast and drinks stylishly presented. Yum!

We buy some vinyl at Tommy Guns and Deaks chats skate shops with the dude at Jimmy’s skate shop. He even learns a unique new method of folding jeans on a hanger. Picks up a cool local skate shirt (Van Diemen's Skate) and we weave through cool alleys and lanes to meet the girls at the Gorman outlet. Jules grabs a couple of bargains and a complimentary Gorman puffer. Millsy and I sample some bacon fudge from Retro Fudge - won’t be buying any of that - but she picks up some gift fudge for Nana.

A quick Uber to the airport, we somehow still manage to only have carry-on and I sneak one last Tassie beer.

It’s sadly come to an end. A great week. Grateful that our kids acknowledge it as well. Teenagers wield a great power. They can make or break a holiday. Pleasingly, ours made this one great!

There were moments of tension, arguments and sulks; but these were rare.

Next to the natural beauty of Tasmania, some of the highlights were the shared moments and laughs in the Kona, on bush walks and wandering around town.

From Deaks' barn photo fetish to Milla singing rhymes to the time on the clock as we raced for the fairy - 12.28 and were running late 12.29 and were doing fine…discussions of the difference between jinxing and manifesting your future and the futile defeatist passivity’s of fatalism. The car radio was often inaudible and the hikes generally done in relative privacy. The quality time together and the natural humour of our banter were true highlights of our week in Tassie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb