WILD TASMANIA...Freycinet in the footprints of Jo Trouble


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet National Park
October 11th 2014
Published: October 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

WILD TASMANIA...Freycinet in the footprints of Jo Trouble. She said it was a piece of cake...said it'd be easy. Or did she just offer me some cake and say take it easy? I'm all confused. I'm sure she said it'd be easy. Anyway whatever she said...the fact that SHE did it...couldn't leave without ME also doing it. Nearly killed me. I'm sure she said it'd be easy. ****** Leaving Bay of Fires g... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




















FLOWERING GUMFLOWERING GUM
FLOWERING GUM

For my Lady...more adventures await



11th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

Wow!
Amazing photo my dancing friend!
11th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

Wow!
Thanks Per-Olof. Beautiful part of the World. This pic the result of staying on a beach as night falls and the birds return to roost.
11th October 2014

Nothing like a challenge from a fellow blogger to inspire you to greater heights!
I loved reading the thoughts that go through your mind. Just make sure you are in shape for Utah!
11th October 2014

Nothing like a challenge from a fellow blogger to inspire you to greater heights!
Hanging onto a rock face thinking I should give it away...you know Jo...I had to go on!!! Getting into shape for our road trip Bob...I'll be in shape...will you?
12th October 2014

I hope I will be able to keep up with you and Den...
the slot canyons of northern Arizona, of which Antelope Canyon is one, will be the challenge. I will have two TBers to challenge me!
13th October 2014

I hope I will be able to keep up with you and Den...
How lucky are we to be part of a community through the ether that we can travel from Oz and be welcomed by you guys (Bob & Linda), so happy to show off your wonderful backyard to us? Not just lucky...privileged...we can hardly wait.
12th October 2014

Another Stunner!
Yet another stunning place to add to the ever growing list! The climb looked as if it was quite an achievement...your account of it made me laugh too - well done!
12th October 2014

Another Stunner!
Thanks Nomads for commenting. Funny what drives me on but it was well worth it. Wineglass Bay is part of Freycinet peninsula only visible if you get to the top (or if you walk around the base to the lookout) as it is over the other side of the mountain.
12th October 2014
ATOP MT AMOS

A proper reward!
Great view of the bay below! Good thing you had Jo for inspiration--it looks as if the climb was well worth it. How fun to get lost and found--following animal tracks is an honored way to go. And those time estimates--aren't they annoyingly set by and for 20-year old whippersnappers? Congrats on making it to the t0p and even getting your hat back. Well done.
12th October 2014
ATOP MT AMOS

A proper reward!
Thanks Tara. A salutary tale of what can happen if I consult TBers before setting out. Light rain and wind made it a tad hairy. Would I have done it if I had not consulted Jo? Probably...gotta get the photo!!!
13th October 2014
ATOP MT AMOS

TB=the Bible
I must say that the reason I joined TB was to learn tips and more about the places to which I'd be traveling. For a long time, I didn't even know there was a front page since I just had Argentina bookmarked. When I write, it's that future traveler that I'm addressing. Jo did you the service of telling you of the mountain; you did the service of letting people know if they get lost, just follow animal trails and head upward. What a great community!
13th October 2014
ATOP MT AMOS

TB=the Bible
Well said Tara. I joined Travelblog so I could share photos with like minded people so the pics did not languish in albums in bookshelves never to be seen. What I found was a travel community like no other...met the most interesting people through the ether...some met personally or to meet...such people as you!
13th October 2014

Worth the effort
Well those pictures look amazing, so the climb to the top was definitely worth while. I'm sure you enjoyed your beer that night - feeling very satisfied and you would definitely have deserved it. I'm glad you found the cap - it's funny how you get attached to such things. What a shame it wasn't the blue-rimmed mirror sunnies you managed to lose!
13th October 2014

Worth the effort
Very funny Rachael...the guys thought my blue sunnies looked fantastic! Freycinet is a beautiful area and I hope the pics do it justice. Like so much of Tassie...beautiful one place...beautiful the next. I once lost a cap from Kruger in South Africa while sailing off Lion Island so the Serengeti cap was a "Do not lose" which I am lucky to still have. I reckon Jo played a part in the recovery of that as well!
13th October 2014

"Yep, done real good Dancing One"
Welcome to Club Amos Dancing One!! So glad you did go to Freycinet, proud you thought "Bugger it, gotta climb Mt Amos", and even prouder you stuck it out. And retold in true Dancing style - loved it! :-)
13th October 2014

"Yep, done real good Dancing One"
Thanks Jo. This blog was for you. from all those bloggers that you do so much for on Travelblog as an Administrator Extraodinaire. Thank you for the inspiration and for encouraging me to dance up there...and everywhere!
13th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

Brilliant shot!
Congrats, you have to be proud of this one!
14th October 2014

Nature wonderland
Stunning photography, as always!
14th October 2014

Nature wonderland
Indeed a stunning place Lili...and thanks to Jo Trouble a place for a great story
14th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

This is really superb!
Hey, you taking us on a higher level with photos like this one. Perfectly timed!
14th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

Eye-catching!
What a beautiful photo Dave :)
14th October 2014
DESCENDING DARKNESS

Eye-catching!
Thanks Ren. Your beautiful island is a revelation.

Tot: 0.556s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 60; qc: 199; dbt: 0.3224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.8mb