15 March 2010


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mon 15th March 2010-03

Started off the day in Hobart. Said goodbye to the hotel Grand Chancellor and packed up the little Nissan Tiida before departing for Freycinet lodges.

Refuelled at the BP garage near the airport and saw a Police bike and car dealing with the aftermath of a crash. Turned left at Sorrell and took the A3 north. Lovely drive of about200 km.

Stopped off at Orford for a spot of brunch by a river and continued along to the peninsula. Had a lovely photo opportunity overlooking Oyster Bay where the original Aborigines were found.

Eventually got to Freycinet lodges about 1400 hours and booked in. What a lovely place. The lodge was roomy air conditioned and peaceful guitar music playing as we entered. Great big shower and big bed. A cup of tea and off to explore. We then walked along a sandy tranquil sun kissed beach which was idyllic. Got to a couple of shops the other side of Cole Bay where we had a magnum to recover. (Ice cream not champagne).

A lovely walk back paddling in the gentle sea shore and a cool beer to get in the mood. Back for a shower and off to Richardson’s bistro for a great steak, Christ retirement is a bitch at times.

Then back to our relaxing lodge, no TV no computers or phones and had a well deserved gin and tonic on the veranda. Wendy then pipes up and says all I want to see now is a possum. The words were hardly out of her mouth when 2 ran up the veranda edge and scared the shite out of Wendy. She shot back in and hid behind the door. I got a few shots of them and 1 of them even had the lime from my gin and tonic, probably thought it was a tasty slice

Eventually they got bored of scaring Wendy and we settled down to see the stars come out.

A good day

Lots of love

Wendy and Phil,..XX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb