7th March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cygnet
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

7th March 2008
Woke up to another lovely morning at Auchmithie and wished we could stay longer but not only were other guests arriving but the open road was calling and we needed to head back to Hobart. After cleaning up and saying goodbye to Quentin, through the wall, we set off to catch the ferry, carefully as we were running short of petrol.
While we were waiting for the ferry Bob insisted I started the diary as we were getting behind and it gets so difficult to remember where we were, let alone what we were doing, after a few days.
After filling up with fuel we turned left at Kettering so that we could drive up the Huon River road as it is very picturesque. We were heading for Ranelagh and Keith and Beth Ruck's house where they were going to put us up for the night.
We stopped at Cygnet, a very small old fashioned town, for lunch and attempted to use the internet at the library but with no success. We carried on along the Huon with lovely views over the river.
We managed to find Ranelagh without trouble but had to ask our way to Bailey St.
Beth and Keith made us very welcome and their house is lovely. The living area was so similar to their house at Judbury especially with all their original furniture and the pot bellied stove. Beth made us a splendid meal , only the second home cooked meal we have had had since leaving New Zealand!! We met their daughter Suzanne and her husband Steve when they got home from work and then Amy and Mason their children. They have bought the block next to Keith and Beth and are still putting the finishing touches to their lovely house. These houses are so light and airy and very roomy and of course full of beautifully restored furniture. We spent the evening swopping stories about all the children and their travels and shared acquaintances at home. As we had all recently done canal boat trips in England with some of the same folks we had lots to laugh and talk about.We also all have grandchildren to boast about and compare stories as Grannies and Grandads do!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb