9 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cradle Mountain
November 9th 2012
Published: November 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

First thing we drove to nearby Sheffield to have the brakes on the van looked at following some concerns over the past few days. Just out of town we found the address of the mechanic and pulled up at the workshop that was out the back of a farmhouse (a jack of all trades). We were greeted by Barry the local mechanic and he was extremely accommodating and fixed us up on the spot. The bill for his time and work was practically mates rates.

We then stopped in town and took refuge from a downpour at Fudge n Good Coffee. This little gem had an incredible range of fudge and the staff were very nice and allowed us to sample the goods prior to purchasing. It was delicious although the sugar overload ensures you can only consume these sweets in small doses.

From there it was time to head to Cradle Mountain where we had booked some luxurious accommodation at Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge. After a small wait we checked into our room that had a fantastic view. Before settling in we strolled down to the shop where we picked up some cheese and a nice bottle of red.

The heated comfort of our own room was a novelty and we lazed around until we headed down to the tavern for dinner. As we stepped outside the cold mountain air felt like a slap across the face. It was as cold as it could be without snowing but the fires were burning in the tavern and the alpine atmosphere was cozy as we had a few drinks over dinner.

The day ended back at the room with a glass of red in front of the TV. Two thumbs up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb