Day 12 Cradle Mountain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cradle Mountain
October 21st 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove down to the Information Centre at the Cradle Mountain National Park. We left the car there and caught the shuttle bus down to Dove Lake. Dove Lake is a beautiful lake that sits below Cradle Mountain. The view was spectacular, a beautiful lake with majestic mountains behind that were dotted with snow.
Steve and I hiked around the perimeter of Dove Lake. It took us about three hours. It was a lovely walk, half of which is on wide gravel level paths and wooden boardwalks and half of which is rugged steep and rocky.
When we returned from our walk we visited a lovely waterfall and then went for a walk through the Wilderness Art Gallery.
Later in the day we drove to Launceston. We stopped along the way to visit the Raspberry Farm and couldn’t resist a crepe chocked full of fresh berries with a side of berry ice-cream. It was beautiful.
We arrived at our accommodation in Launceston (the Tamar River Villas) at about 5pm.
Our room has a lovely view of some yachts which are moored on the edge of the Tamar River.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The Chalet LoungeroomThe Chalet Loungeroom
The Chalet Loungeroom

with lovely fireplaces


26th October 2010

Your accommodation
is very nice again! I really would like to try the pancakes with raspberries - might do it at home sometime!!

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb