Cradle mountain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cradle Mountain
December 16th 2007
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well day 2 and we were all feeling refreshed, so of we headed to Cradle mountain, making a few stops along the way to check out the smallest waterfalls I have seen, in the info broucher the water fall looked amazing, on arrival we drove past it 3 times but found it in the end.

We arrived at Cradle mountain around lunch time, we bought a car parking permit and headed off into the mountains. The weather was on our side sunny but fresh which is great hiking weather. 1st stop we choose was Dove Lake the hike took us about 7 mins so we decided we would choose a bigger challange for the next walk. We went to an area where Gustav Weindofers first climbed the cradle mountain, and where he decided to settle. This was a very green area with lots of europian plants. We stopped for lunch and 2 crows kept eyeing up our rolls, I had sliced the cheese and put it onto of the bread, Julie looked at the crow and said ´No lunch for you boys´ as she finished the sentance the crow took off with my roll, so funny the crow wanted lunch and would stop at nothing. Lucky we had a 6 pack of rolls which I then made a new roll with extreme caution, while Julie made sure the crows were not going to get our lunch. After we done 2 more bush walks the views were just breath taking it feels so green here.

We drove as far a the fuel would take us on this night, we ended up in a place called Bronte Park, what a great laugh. The village was having its end of year party where all the cowboys came down from the hills to strut their stuff. And boy did they strut their boots & hats around the dance floor. It was fab to see 13 year olds with not a care in the world having it large, and yes of course I had a little country dance.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Well wrapped upWell wrapped up
Well wrapped up

Just arrived at Cradle mountain very cold up their
Brad & JulieBrad & Julie
Brad & Julie

On our first walk


1st May 2008

Yes...Tasmania!
Ah I'm so glad you've gone to Tasmania! I loved it there...so fresh! Glad to see you're still having a fantastic time....soon I'll be off again...to Japan, so expect some blogs in return! \(^0^)/ xx

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb