Devonport & Burnie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Burnie
December 29th 2007
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -41.0529, 145.906

Woke up early to hear Dad in the shower and Mum snoring her head off. Got up at about 8.45. Had shower then all went down to the 'All things Nice' bakery. We had the $5 special which included bacon, egg, 2 pieces of toast and ½ fried tomato. We then came back home to go to the toilet and find the camera. We went to the Imaginarium - Tassie's only science centre which was absolutely appalling. All we did was use a bit of paper and try to find clues about who wrote a journal. It was about immigrationists and we sent 2 things through an air tube and wrote on a post-it-note. (They had a display board where people were encouraged to come up with ideas to help save the world - recycle, walk, shorter shower......... Dad and I wrote "Don't waste post-it-note" as there suggestion.

Then went out to Burnie. We drove around for a short time. We parked the car at a Coles car park thingy and walked to a fish and chip restaurant to get lunch. Then we bought $5 worth of groceries at Coles so we could get free parking. We drove around more and went to Creative Paper. We walked around and then we looked at awkward things - papier machѐ people. Then we had a personal tour around the place and we saw the paper being made and all sorts of other things. We then made our own paper and exited. Then we drove to Ridgley to look at the Guide Falls (waterfalls) WE DROVE UP TO THEM THEN WALKED A SHORT DISTANCE to go onto a look out. They were absolutely amazing.

We drove to Annsleigh Gardens and Tea Rooms. We got scones, a coffee, a milkshake and a spider and enjoyed a nice afternoon tea. We then walked around the gardens and came across lots of sayings, gnomes, bridges, waterfalls, lakes, streams as well as lots of trees and flowers. We also saw a peacock walking around the gardens. We drove back to Devonport and drove around for ages trying to find something to eat and ended up at the Noodle Box. We came back home to eat them and they had put way to much soy sauce on my food. We walked along the beach for a while then walked up to a bridge over a breakwater and watched the Spirit of Tasmania come in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



28th December 2007

Tassie adventure Glad the holiday is going well, keep up the good work Mel
2nd January 2008

paper making Hi Mel are you going to make more paper when back homekeep up the diary writing - it's very interestinghave funLove to you allNana
3rd January 2008

sailing Hi all, Sounds that you're having a great timeHave a great trip home on SaturdayWe'll have marg & John overnight FSat & sunLoveMum

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb