30 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Bicheno
November 30th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the early morning cloud dispersed the sun was roasting. The forecast was for temperatures in the low 30s and that is pretty warm for Tassie. Continuing up the coast we made a stop at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout that gave a scenic view out over green pastures towards the Bay. The drive through grazing plains was relaxing prior to veering east towards Freycinet National Park.

By the time we made it to Coles Bay the temperature was too warm for the intended hike to Wineglass Bay. We got out for a stroll along the esplanade at Coles Bay and then went back up the coast to Bicheno. A pretty little spot set on the beginnings of Maclean Bay, we decided this was the sort of town we should spend some more time in. After seeing the Bicheno Blowhole we settled in at a great caravan park right on the coastline.

During the afternoon we strolled around the township that multiplies in size over the peak period. The foreshore is spectacular and the local lolly shop is a must. The local take away shop cooked up a cracking pizza for tea as we continued to enjoy the warm weather out and about. Back at our site we enjoyed an ice cold beer in the warm evening air as the sun set.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb