Loxton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
February 27th 2013
Published: February 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After we left the Sunshine Coast we drove to Loxton in SA to catch up with some friends. We had met Rod and Lorraine last year when we were working together at Litchfield Tourist Park NT. Initially our plan was to head straight to Melbourne and then call in on our way through but we had plenty of time up our sleeve so we took a detour.

They are living on Lorraines sister and brother in laws farmlet while they are building a new home in town, there is loads of room and they invited us to park our van and stay with them. They are very long term residents of the Riverland and they took us out on a sightseeing trip, which included calling into some very nice wineries. The farmlet has about 5 acres of table grape vines growing and on two other sides their neighbours grow wine grapes. For a couple of nights we had watched the grape picking machines do what they do best on surrounding properties but the night they came passed next door, man they sure do make a racket.

We drove to Renmark which is located on the banks of the Murray River as we needed some water hose for the van and had a very tasty lunch at the local café. A nearby viewing tower is worth a climb as it does give a good panorama of the area.

Loxton is hot dry and dusty at this time of year but it was really nice staying with Rod and Lorraine.

We spent a couple of days with them before heading to Melbourne and then a couple more after the Wedding before we departed for Mt Gambier.

Take care travel safe and remember it’s nice to be important but it’s important to be nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb