Flinders Ranges - day 1 and 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
May 2nd 2013
Published: May 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After saying goodbye to Bruce, who is staying overnight at "the shunting yards", we took off north. As per normal the wind was howling while we rode through Quorn to Hawker.We stopped there for a coffee and to discuss our planned trip to Blinman. We were both keen to go up through Wilpena, but, the wind won, once again. So, our revised trip took us through Cradock and Carrieton and we booked in to the Orroroo Hotel for the night.We unpacked,then rode to Peterborough to see the Motorbike museum. Well worth a visit if you are down this way and into bikes. Its only small but a very comprehensive collection of machines. The town itself is on our list to return to.

We returned to the pub for a few drinks and another $10 meal (unfortunately, not a very large meal).

The next morning we rode back to Port Augusta to collect Bruce. Then through Wilmington, Wirrabara, Gladston and on to Jamestown and for a change we stayed at the Railway Hotel/Motel. The roads were up to their usual standard, but the scenery changed dramatically when we crossed the Goyder line. Google it, its quite interesting.

As we were booking in and it was a Friday, we asked if they had any live bands, only to be told that we wouldn't hear it from our room. Not the answer we wanted, but we were too tired from fighting the wind to discuss his non reply to our question. As it turned out, there was no band, but lots of locals, (didn't know the town was that big). The cold beer was up to the usual standard but the food, was above the normal pub food, of course, so was the price.

Advertisement



4th May 2013

Lots of wind after a pub meal?
It's a shame the wind keeps on keeping on. Like you I think Peter,borough is a nice little town and I agree with you about the museum. I love looking up local little things like that in country towns. I hope Henry has recovered from his minor surgery. I'm sure there is an interesting story there. Hope you keep riding safe.

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb