So you think its windy continued, ha


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
March 28th 2013
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Poor Heidi,, upon reaching her, I saw a dark stain on the road service, almost like blood flowing from an open wound. My senses picked up the smell of raw high octane fuel and with the help of three passers by she was righted. Then strangely enough, everyone disappeared. Gail was meanwhile still in the bakery unawares until a large male ran in and told her there had been a fall.

Heidi suffered some relatively small, but, expensive damage in that her front blinker, mirror and dashboard surround was fractured.Also some more scarring to her left head.But, she started first go and expressed a strong desire to complete this leg of the adventure. I surmise the fall was caused by a number of contributing factors, the primary one being my fault, in the fact that I put her on the side stand and my theory on that is based on strong factual evidence, but I negated to leave her in gear. The wind has caught the screen,side and trailer and moved her forward denough so that the side stand did what its designed to do, returning to its resting position, thus the common drunkard fall. At the moment, I have not checked the web for replacement bits, but will do it tonight after a few beers.

The rest of the trip to Port Vincent was uneventful, except for the fact that we were being blown all over the road. Poor Heidi.......

Upon arrival, a day earlier than our booking, we found no room at the inn. Next stop, the pub. Thankfully, we grabbed the last room available, settled in, a quick blog entry and off to rehydrate in the front bar.

Advertisement



29th March 2013

Oh Noooooooo!!!!
Although the damage is minor I always find it annoying when the bike gets damaged. Mine is Vanessa Voyager. All the more frustrating when you can't blow off steam by blaming someone else cause its your fault. As a fellow heavy bike owner I know that passers by can be invaluable. Good though that the damage was mostly cosmetic. The wind seems to be your enemy both riding and parked at the moment. I hope Gail picked up some comfort food at the bakery (yet another). We are flat out with preparations for our trip to the Maryborough AGM.

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb