TAILEM BEND TO VICTOR HARBOR


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
March 21st 2013
Published: March 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left MG on a fine sunny morning to have an unadventerous ride to Tailem Bend. A few roadworks but all good.

It wasn't difficult to find the only Motel in town and choose the better pub for dinner, of course the cold beers went down well.

The next morning was cloudy when we left, all was fine for about 10minutes then the wind came up. The further we went the worse it got, to the point where we were almost blown off the road.It lasted the entire length of the 100 odd km ride and it was by far the worst I have experienced in 40plus years of riding.

We were a bit concerned about setting up camp in the howling wind, but we are getting quicker as we go along, so nothing blew away.

A dreadful day's ride, lucky only ending with sore backs and wrists, it could have been a lot worse.

We would really like to thank those of you who have taken the time to send along your thoughts and comments regarding our blog, its nice to know other people are appreciating our escapades.

Advertisement



24th March 2013

Wouldn't miss it
Your trip blog is a highlight of my day. I love to get perspectives on places from others. It makes planning my trips easier. Like you I hate riding in the wind. Cross wind is the worst. Well done on staying upright, especially Gail. The smaller bikes are even harder work in those conditions.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb