On the road again......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
October 6th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunset over seaSunset over seaSunset over sea

near Kingston S.E. South Australia
First of all, apologies to anyone trying to log onto the "Piston Workin" blog page...apparently Travelblog have had some sort of data loss and we haven't yet worked out how to restore the pics & text. At this stage it may even be gone for good.
Onto brighter news....we have hit the bitumen once again and departed Mt G on the 15th Sept bound for Adelaide. First stop was to Roger's Farm in Coonawarra where there were baby animals galore, a turkey egg hunt, a bit of fence-building and even managed to squeeze in a wine tour with the Coonawarra Vignerons Society. Jeff, Roger & 1 other guy were the only males on the tour of about 40 women, so as you can imagine after a few wines the bus sounded like a touring chicken factory. Heaps of fun however and well worth the dry mouth the following morning!
After leaving Rog's we travelled up to Naracoorte caves then back out to the coast (saw our very first sunset over sea!) and were well on our way to Adelaide. We spent a few days on the Murray banks which was just beautiful, even managed to catch 3 fish although all undersize.
Wine tour @ CoonawarraWine tour @ CoonawarraWine tour @ Coonawarra

Roger, Monique, Jeff, Tab
We arrived in Adelaide on the 27th Sept (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!) and swiftly proceeded to begin a pre-concert drinkng session before wandering over the road to see Silverchair & Powderfinger. Needless to say the concert was AWESOME with Silverchair being the fave of the night (and no, NOT just because Tab was drooling over Daniel Johns). We fell asleep to the gentle ringing of the ears as only one can get after a really great event!
Next morning headed on down to the point below Adelaide with a stopover in the German town of Hahndorf......was meant o just be a lunch expedition, however turned into a 4 hour event in itsef once we found the perfect breakfast beer by 11am! For those of you who don't mind bending the elbow with a breaky beer give this one a go: Franziskaner Hefe Weissbier. We haven't tried to find it in a bottle shop yet but hope to God it's a commonly imported number. Otherwise we may just have to retire to Hahndorf once the trip is over!
So onto Goolwa, Victor Harbour and a brief stop over in Cape Jervis to watch the 3rd qrt of the WHOOPING that was the
Coopers on the deckCoopers on the deckCoopers on the deck

Swan Reach Hotel SA
footy grandfinal. Tab being a cats supporter was yelling "Go Cats" on the inside for fear of being stoned by the crowd in the rough-as-guts pub we were in.....typical bloody South Australians...ruin all the fun!
Then onto McLaren Vale, a day of wine tasting and on up the coast to Aunty Marion's front lawn. The plan will be to head off from here mid-next week, head on up to Barossa & Clare Valley and then go explore the Yorke Peninsula. So far our plan to be at or near the Western corner by xmas is on track, but knowing us who knows........


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Our first fish on the MurrayOur first fish on the Murray
Our first fish on the Murray

needless to say he didn't become dinner!!
Our boysOur boys
Our boys

Both have settled into the gypsy lifestyle really well & go for walks on their leads like puppies
Murray RiverMurray River
Murray River

View from our camp @ Purnong SA
Mini Golf ChampionMini Golf Champion
Mini Golf Champion

Adult Ladies par of the week "The Dunes" Victor Harbour SA


14th October 2007

Good havin yas
Well you've been gone for about 2 hours now, Hope alls goin well so far. But all in all it was good havin yas here and you're more then welcome anytime yous know that. I'll let ya know how the brew turns up as well Jeff just a pitty you couldnt be here to have a try. You guys take care and hope to hear from yas soon. Oh and remember dont drink the water from the top end remember theres no water like the water from the top end :)
14th October 2007

hello
hi U 2 crazy hippy travellin hillbillys, enjoyed lookn at your blog !! we sooo jealous. looks like you havn a great time. keep up the good times. rock on you piss heads.!!!! cris stell n colby xo

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb