Relaxing in Renmark


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 30th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Renmark we stopped off at Wirrabara to once again look at some silo art. The silos on the South Australian trail are of the same standard as the Victorian ones and are full of colour and detail; it is a shame we won’t get to see them all on this trip.







Renmark-Paringa sits beautifully on the Murray River and our camping spot couldn’t be any closer unless we had one of the magnificent houseboats that drift along – there is something quite mesmerizing about the waterway and we enjoy sitting out and watching the current flow quickly by, pelicans swoop in at great speed and then gracefully float along whilst water fowl strut around the grassy banks.







Friends Judy and Rob have joined us for a couple of days on their way to Uluru so it was a great opportunity to catch up, laugh a lot and enjoy a wine or two together.







We had seen on the internet images of the Paringa silo art – a steam paddleboat and an image of a man, arms raised to shield his eyes, scanning the river – but we were terribly disappointed to learn that at this point in time the artwork is but a dream not a reality! I’ve included the photo in our blog to remind us of what will be in the future.







As we ate our bbq tea with Judy and Rob last night a cheeky possum came to join us and she was not at all shy in taking the tiny morsels of fruit and nuts we put out for her – at one point she was even eating from Rob’s fingers.







Having had a relaxing few days in Renmark we will hitch up the van again tomorrow and at some point cross the border back into Victoria – home is not too far away!







Possum pics by Rob



Paringa silo art taken off the internet


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb