A day around Quorn


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 26th 2019
Published: August 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

By Monday morning most of the residents of the caravan park had departed, the railway station was deserted and the town had resumed a quite country façade. We took ourselves out into the Flinders Range to wander through nearby Warren Gorge. The rock formations were amazing and the distant hills of the Range were a ghostly haze of blue and grey. Plenty of wide open camping space at the Gorge but suited only to tents or camper trailers. Temperature was in the low teens, but the sun was still shining so it was perfect for exploring.







We had a walk around town after lunch to look at some of the historic architecture and bumped into Vicki our hostess from yesterday. She was still bubbling with enthusiasm, but we were surprised to learn that she herself has not yet been on The Coffee Pot. The volunteers of the Society, which first started in 1974, come from as far away as Dimboola in Victoria, Adelaide, the Adelaide Hills and Port Lincoln as well as locals and they are all passionately devoted to the Railway and the romance of the steam era.







It has been a lovely stay in Quorn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb